Frankly, this whole argument is a waste of time.

You want prints? Print your pictures. It doesn't matter what medium
you've got.
You want to use film? Use it.
You prefer digital? Good for you.

There's nothing to prove or argue one way or another. Nothing was
"rammed down my throat". I was not "sold a bill of goods". I worked
with film for the better part of four decades because it was all
there was, realistically speaking. Now I'm working with new cameras
that are more capable for my purposes.

Most of the people I know who used to shoot a roll of film or two per
year have purchased digital cameras and now make many more, and
better, photographs than they used to. Some print them, some keep
them on their computers. That includes my 83 year old mother. They're
happier with the number of pictures they see now. So be it.

If the digital cameras today don't suit you, or your grandmother, use
a film camera and enjoy it. It won't affect what I do. I'll do what I
need to, with either film or sensor, to make the photographs I want
to now and in the future.

So much ado over fookin' nothin'.

Godfrey