Hi Paul, Lou... how's it going?

> You can probably get away with a monopod if you shoot high ISO digital
> or high-speed film to give you a shutter speed of at least 1/750th or
> so. Shoot wide open and focus carefully. With digital, you're looking

Thanks, yeah... I'll keep you posted... probably the 'weight' gain is better
than the 'stability'
loss... :)  and it's considerably  cheaper than a really sturdy tripod &
kimberley head...

> Date: Sun, 02 Jul 2006 19:05:00 -0400
> From: "Lou Billing" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: RE: Help holding a 500mm f/4.5 lens
> To: "Pentax-Discuss Mail List" <pdml@pdml.net>
>
> Check out the Giottos P-pod. It's quite substantial and locks up tight
> enough to support your weight as a hiking staff. A fluid head with a round
> QR plate allows for fast vertical shooting. It has three steel rods that

Interesting indeed... I'll keep an eye on it for sure...
thanks!

Ed

Ed Maruyama
[EMAIL PROTECTED]        ICQ# 2590107
http://www.flickr.com/photos/edmaruyama
Iqaluit - Nunavut
Canada

"All in all it's been a rocky road, twists and turns along the way... But, I
still
pray for tomorrow, all my hopes, my dreams...  don't fade away... Don't fade
away..."
David Coverdale