Yes, it's an SDHC card.  Some time back I posted a message I received from
Pentax stating that they will provide a firmware upgrade for current
cameras once the SDHC standard has been established and implemented.  I'd
be very surprised if the new cameras didn't take advantage of these newer
cards.  Here is the message I received from Pentax:

===================================

Greetings,

Currently, the *ist DS camera with firmware version 2.0 supports 2 GB SD
cards (SD Association version 1.1). When newer SD cards with the
designation "SDHC" (SD Association version 2.0) of capacities of 4GB become
available Pentax will support this new SD card standard with a firmware
update for our *ist DS camera.

There are 4 GB SD cards not carrying the "SDHC" designation available now,
but these were released prior to the definition of the SD Association
version 2.0 standard (SDHC) and could well be incompatible with our cameras.

In summary, Pentax plans to support the new SDHC standard (and higher
capacity SD cards) as it comes on line in the very near future but our *ist
DS, *ist DS2 and *ist DL camera are currently compatible with SD cards 2 GB
and less.

Thanks,
Mark Davis
Pentax Imaging Company