That was the question. The sun is in the center of the shadow, but
essentially invisible.
I saw this "weird" shadow in my mind with my first look at the
developed image. Finally had to put it there with the "burn" tool.
That's the reason for the (slight) guilt feeling.
It's surprising how many look at it without remarking about the
unnatural shadow.
Thanks

Jack