> From: "Jerome Reyes" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Also invest in a good mattress. Some opt for the foam / rubber pads which
> are okay... but I was gone for so long that I opted for an air mattress
> (my tent was that big). It was comfortable, but the extreme changes in
> temperature a few nights made it deflate some while I was asleep. So on a
> few occassions (not many), I had to wake up and pump it back up in the
> middle of the night. If you go this route, by the way, be SURE to get a
> battery operated pump for inflation.

I disagree.  If you use a manual pump, you will be nice and warm when you get
back into bed.  You also won't have any battery problems.

Camp beds obviate this problem entirely.  You will need to have some insulation
_underneath_ you, though.

Email sent from www.ntlworld.com
Virus-checked using McAfee(R) Software