On Jul 9, 2006, at 7:16 AM, Shel Belinkoff wrote:

> As noted elsewhere, the cast may have resulted from two or more light
> sources (daylight, tungsten, fluorescent).  Also, I sometimes work on
> photos very late at night, when my eyes are tired, and I may miss some
> subtleties.  A color cast can come from a lot of sources ....
> actually, I
> don't  know how it got there .... can only guess and repeat what
> others
> have said.

I find it very very difficult to judge colour while editing, because
the eye/brain adjusts to colour offsets quite easily.  This is why I
keep a light box next to my computer, so I can keep an eye on the
original slide as a colour reference.

For negs, I have a daylight-balanced tungsten bulb which I'll pop
into my desk lamp: the minilab print will be useful as a starting
point.  Practice is improving my colour-correction skills, so by the
time I start scanning my negs I might not hate them so much.

- Dave