On Jul 10, 2006, at 3:30 AM, John Forbes wrote:

> Second, I DO happen to believe that Pentax should use airfreight more
> often.  In the past year, a great deal of criticism has been directed
> at
> Pentax for not having product in the stores.  How many times do you
> suppose that Pentax lost a sale because a camera was on the high seas
> when, for only $2.00 more, it could have been in the store?

Actually, this is clearly a store stock issue and not a Pentax issue --
they use the sea for the initial gigantic orders and not for subsequent
follow-up orders.  Unless there has been an issue at the launch of a
camera with availability, which I haven't heard about, this is merely a
problem with getting stores to bring in the products, nothing more.

-Aaron