----- Original Message -----
From: "Vic Mortelmans"
Subject: Re: "Do not warm colours"

>I doubt that minilabs are consistent. A couple of month ago, the guy at
> the place where I get films developed and printed was switching from
> AGFA to FUJI paper and on his desk were a couple of test pictures (just
> ordinary snapshots!) with different colour settings. He was deciding the
> setting by judging the different results.

Yes well, thats how it's done.
After you get production that looks good, you can run a calibration negative
to get a reference print.
It takes more than looking at a couple of pictures though, I wouldn't set
aims until I had looked at work from a few dozen rolls of film, and after
that, I would still be tweaking the colour for several days until I was
happy.

> The settings of the next minilab user will most probably deviate from
> his settings.

If he is setting an aim point, then it shouldn't change for that lab, that's
what aims are for.

William Robb