Welcome to the list, Jim!

If you've been lurking for more than a couple of days you will have
noticed a few simple guidelines to its usage.

I think number one is "don't believe anything that Frank Theriault,
Cotty and Mark Roberts say". My premonition says that this list will
grow in near future <looks over his shoulder>...:-)

My personal number one is actually "remember the delete button". Just
to counteract the... um... prolification.

Regarding your shot and the observation of smoothness, I assume you
mean the out of focus areas? I couldn't agree more. It has a lovely
softness about it. Maybe you are familiar with the term "bokeh"?

>From past discussions on this forum I've learned that this particular
trade-off between sharpness and bokeh is indeed one of the design
characteristics of Pentax and Takumars.

Greetings from Oslo, Norway,

Jostein