-----Original Message-----

From:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subj:  New favourite body
Date:  Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:26 pm
Size:  1K
To:  pdml@pdml.net

I recently purchased a ZX-5 on eBay for $87 including shipping, and I'm in
love!  I really appreciate the simplicity of it all.  No menus or "Pentax
Functions" that I need to look up in a manual, just a few switches, dials
and buttons.

If I turn the aperture ring, it automatically turns into Av mode.  If I
turn the shutter speed dial, it's automatically in Tv mode.  The Av mode
shows the aperture in the viewfinder, which I really miss on my DS and
MZ-6.   Exposure compensation and metering modes are simple.  There's only
one auto mode, which is perfectly fine with me - I don't use it myself, so
there's less clutter on the dials!

The panorama switch is a nice feature, especially in combination with my
FA 20-35!

I'm really impressed.  I don't miss the DOF preview (I never use it on my
MZ-6), and the exposure lock button... well, i'd like that, but i can use
manual or the compensation dial.

I wish I'd gotten this camera instead of my MZ-6!