Den 13. jul. 2006 kl. 18.16 skrev Charles Robinson:

> On Jul 13, 2006, at 11:08, DagT wrote:
>
>> Just to keep your minds off politics .-)
>>

>> After some detective work, and help from the Norwegian community at
>> www.foto.no, I found the painter, and he admitted that he had
>> downloaded my picture and used it, but he refused to take the picture
>> down and claimed that he was a not a very good painter and therefore
>> his  painting was not a copy of my picture. He said that he would
>> sell it if someone wanted it and that I could by it if I wanted to.
>>

> My opinion: If the artist is holding onto the painting for himself
> ("personal use"???), then "no harm, no foul".  But if he is intending
> to SELL it, you are entitled to a large share, if not ALL of the
> money - since it is really your image.

That was my first reaction too, and I said that if it was sold the
price should be given to the kids.  The Copyright issue is one thing,
he is selling a painting showing people who may be recognized, and
without asking them.

Now I´ve just decided that the picture is to be destroyed. Otherwise
it may be resold some day.

> Good luck!

Thanks!

DagT