At a local photographers meet around here a month or so ago I saw
a really cool gadget; it was a small IR filter that you attached
to the hotshoe of your camera, and which covered the front of the
pop-up flash.
I believe this was manufactured by Nikon, but it certainly looked
as though it would fit and work with my *ist-D.