Amita Guha wrote:
> Does anyone here have any experience with the Epson P-4000 image tank
> or its predecessor? I think I might finally buy one. Right now I'm
> trying to figure out if the battery is removable. I'd love to hear
> from anyone who has it or has used one.
>
> Thanks,
> Amita

I've got the older, smaller one (2000?).  It's the best of the "image
tank" stuff out there, IMHO- I've tried a couple of  others.   There are
a lot of similar devices but this is the only one that I had consistent
luck with 4 and 8GB cards and microdrives.

And yes, the battery is removable, and some people are even field
upgrading the disks.   The screen is to die for.

Lastly, these puppies vary greatly in price from vendor to vendor and
there are rebates from time to time- spend the time to hunt for a deal
if you're so inclined.

-Ryan