Igor,

Your question led me to doubt my memory of the last test I did with
the Ultra II SD card so I ran the test a second time with the Sandisk
Ultra II card, 60x nominal speed, for both RAW and JPEG *** and
updated the page with these additional results and corresponding
QuickTime movies.

   http://homepage.mac.com/godders/Pentax-DS-150x-timing/

There is no measured improvement on RAW capture performance. The
improvement on JPEG *** captures going to the Transcend 150x card is
a 3 frames in 60 seconds, about 3.4% total improvement.

Not a lot ... I retract the "substantial" judgement. Amusingly, the
price of Transcend 150x 2G SD cards is barely more than half the
price of Sandisk Ultra II 2x SD cards.

This justifies my prior feelings: that there is very little benefit
to in-camera performance with a card faster than the Sandisk Ultra II
for the *ist DS body.

Godfrey