Jack,

I'm not Bob ...
You simply use one of the three graded cards to set a custom white
balance, from neutral white to warm.

Bob, this is an attractive looking set for $65. I see it as
particularly helpful for video work where you can't easily color
balance after the fact with out very time consuming processing, or
for when you need to make a LOT of exposures in RAW mode stills and
want to minimize correction variations, and JPEG captures (similar to
video).

For most work, however, I just leave AWB set and capture in RAW, set
my white balance at RAW conversion time.

Godfrey