On Mon, 20 Aug 2001 08:43:41 -0500 (CDT), Chris Brogden wrote:

> Ditto.  It works very well for organzing files or folders by date on the
> computer.  For everyday writing, I often use MMDDYY.

I've found that the "20 AUG 2001" format works well for me, because I
often communicate with folks in Europe and Japan in addition to those
in the US.  Lucky for me, most of the Europeans and Japanese I "speak
with" know enough English to "get" the months (along with the simple
messages I'm sending them ... I'd be hopeless in _their_ languages).
It also saves me hassle, because the people I "speak with" often pick
up the habit and use that format when they communicate with me. :-)

TTYL, DougF