No ... it's a RAW converter and TIFF files are not RAW files.  The
advantage of ACR is that it's integrated into PS, so it's not as though
you're using two different programs, but different modules of the same
program.  The user interface with ACR and PS is very similar, and, at least
from my POV, I don't see myself doing significantly different things when
working of scanned TIFF files or RAW files.

Shel