Adam Maas wrote:

>Mark Roberts wrote:
>> P. J. Alling wrote:
>>
>>>It's a DA limited, at 21mm its more like a 28mm on 35mm film.  Not that
>>>great for panoramas.  Still it looks like nice wide angle lens, too bad
>>>it doesn't have an aperture ring.
>>

>> The lack of an aperture ring doesn't bother me as much as the lack of
>> speed. f/3.2 is just too slow for me to get very excited about.
>> Certainly not excited enough to pay "Limited" prices.
>
>I've been thinking about that, and while I certainly would prefer a
>faster lens, 1/3 of a stop or so isn't all that much

My other Limiteds (43, 31, 77) are all f/1.9 or faster. That's a lot
more than a third of a stop! F/2.0 and under is Limited territory for
me. I'd *consider* the upcoming  70/2.4 if it were under $500 (and if
I didn't already have the 77!)

--
Mark Roberts Photography & Multimedia
www.robertstech.com