DagT wrote:
> Den 20. jul. 2006 kl. 06.05 skrev Keith McGuinness:
>
>> I am NOT saying that what you did is in anyway wrong but you've
>> got to remember that the LAWS in other countries might be
>> different, not only the customs.
>
> Well, that only brings a new problem.  How much do we have to know
> about foreign law? How much does US citizens know about our law, and
> how much do we know about other countries?

That's the problem with the internet and it is only going to grow
(in my opinion).

I'm not saying that I expect you to know US law. I don't even
know all that much Australian law, let alone that from, say, Norway.

What I was trying to say is that such things may not only be a
matter of custom; certain activities may also actually be
illegal. Consider the situation with, as I understand it, street
photography in France (if I've read right, you can't take
anyone's picture without their explicit permission).

Also, as William Robb said, there is a large amount of latitude
in the interpretation of some of these laws and for some people
all nudity, just about regardless of the circumstance, is
pornography. It makes people, justifiably, nervous.

Keith McG