DagT, ridiculing the laws of another country, even when they deserve to be
ridiculed, does not make them less applicable to inhabitants of those countries.

Our child pornography laws over-reach and have terrible consequences for
innocent people who run afoul of them.  I think they are poorly thought out and
badly implemented.  Despite my disagreement with them, I am not immune from
prosecution.

A large portion of this list are from North America and are subject to the same
idiotic laws.  In deference to these people, can you please post a content
warning with your links?

Recently, a man spent several months in jail on child pornography charges.  He
was turned in by a photofinisher (who is obligated under the law to report
anything vaguely resembling child porn ) for a photograph of him kissing his
infant's belly.  He was held without bail because a seizure and search of his
computer turned up photos of a relative's children frolicking in a sprinkler in
the backyard -- not even saved pictures, but cached ones, because the relative
had made an online gallery and sent him the link.

Of course, when it went to trial the case was thrown out, but the man lost
months of his life.

Yes, I live in a country with stupid laws.  But I would be more stupid to
ignore them and put myself at risk.  I am no martyr and I don't want to miss
out on any part of my son's life because I wasn't careful.

-Aaron