P.J.:

I've never heard of you anywhere either despite being in the business
longer than you. What does that prove? Nothing. I've never heard of
the rest of the people on this mailing list either.

By your logic, I shouldn't consider anything you or anyone else here
has to say as being credible. Perhaps you're right: I shouldn't. That
brings up the question of why you bother subscribing to this mailing
list at all, and the same for me.

BTW:
When I do a google.com web search for "Godfrey DiGiorgi", I get 12
pages of hits on postings I've published and participated in that
date back as far as the 1980s, encompassing stuff I've participated
in diverse fields of interest including motorcycling, alfa romeo
cars, photography, computing science and development, etc. (If I add
searches for the various email addresses I've used since the ARPAnet,
the number expands to include thousands of hits.) I've had three or
four feature articles on my activities published as well ... From
"Macworld", January 1986 to the Isle of Man "Examiner", March 2006.
My name appeared on over 100 Apple Technical Notes published to the
developer community ... at least until Apple revised the technical
note format and elided all authors names in 2000. So while you
haven't heard of me, at least a couple of other people have.

I get no hits for "P. J. Ailing" at all.