On Jul 26, 2006, at 5:45 PM, Joseph Tainter wrote:

> Great. But where did he get his hands on a K10D? Pentax has not
> announced it yet.

Distributors in Canada and the US have pre-release K10D bodies
currently.  I don't know about the rest of the world.

What did you want to know?  I can ask, though specific feature
questions may be subject to change.  I'm certain that the firmware
hasn't been finalized in this body, and very likely it would be like
the 540 flash that's been hanging around Pentax Canada for a year now
that's pretty different from the released version --it's functional and
it looks the same, but some of the features don't work or don't work in
the correct way.

Apparently the 540 was held back and underwent some changes to be more
compatible with the new K-series DSLRs, and that's what caused its
delay.

-Aaron