-----Original Message-----

From:  Mark Roberts <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subj:  Re: Talk about crap
Date:  Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:07 pm
Size:  1K
To:  Pentax-Discuss Mail List <pdml@pdml.net>

David Savage wrote:

>At 07:35 AM 27/07/2006, William Robb wrote:
>
>>From: "keith_w"
>>
>> > I expect, no demand, that any education I pay for is valid and of use, not
>> > some pap that must be discarded later because not only isn't it true, but
>> > it
>> > runs against logic and science. Junk...
>>
>>Then send him to trade school, not university.
>>We need people to make the mundane stuff like houses more than we need
>>another crop of university educated buffoons.
>
>Too true.
>
>At the moment a good tradesman (Electrician, carpenter, welder, fitter &
>turner etc.) can make more than any university educated fast food technician.

Speaking as a newly-inducted member of academia and the teaching staff
of a university...

I agree completely.

You should go to a college/university to learn about something if the
goal of your learning is *learning*. If the goal of your learning is
getting a job, go to trade school because it's a situation in which
everyone wins: Your future employer wins, the trade school you go to
wins and the university you don't go to wins.

--
Mark Roberts Photography & Multimedia
www.robertstech.com