Actually the biggest bullshit is the assumption that a legislature
doesn't have the right to pull funding from a state university, on the
basis of academic freedom.  A legislature can do any damned thing that
they can get a majority to vote for, and frequently proves it. Then
there's the fact that I'm not sure that spreading actual falsehoods is
covered under academic freedom either, and just because an academic
believes something is true, doesn't make it so. Finally something to
think about.  If the US government were truly behind something like
this, do you think it would require a loony to talk about it.  Based on
what I've seen our government leaks like a sieve, it would have been on
the front page of the NY Times months ago.  If the government were
capable of keeping such a secret, do you think this guy wouldn't have
met with an "unfortunate accident" by now.  (No need to discredit
someone if they're dead). So many holes in this theory, so little time.

--
When you're worried or in doubt,
        Run in circles, (scream and shout).