On Jul 28, 2006, at 9:13 AM, Dario Bonazza wrote:

> Rawshooter features the fill-in function. As far as I understand, that
> feature means that low-light areas are developed with a higher
> sensitivity
> than highlights, thus expanding exposure latitude.

Far as I can tell, that's a matter of what adjustment is made to the
gamma curve at the RAW conversion phase.

Photoshop CS2 effects a similar adjustability at the RGB level with
the "Shadow/Highlight" adjustment, and Camera Raw v3.4 includes
similar if not as easy to use adjustment of this sort with the Curves
adjustment tab (only available when used in Photoshop CS2, not PSE).
Lightroom has it built into the Develop module for both RAW and RGB
rendered image processing.

Godfrey