Aaron Reynolds wrote:
> Doug -- I'm guessing that Sigma flashes, like Sigma lenses, have
> reverse-engineered electronics.

I surely believe that, though I personally haven't had any trouble with
Sigma lenses.  Of course, the only Sigma lens I have that's more
advanced than a PK-M is the 400.  I've heard the horror stories, though.

> True, the new Pentax flash was delayed -- but that was to take advantage of
> new
> capabilities.  There are no interoperability issues.

You may well be right, but I'm suspicious.  The new bodies and the flash
both have been under development for quite a while.  It's awfully late
in the game to be "taking advantage of new capabilities".  What "new
capabilities" would they not have foreseen during development?  Or do
the body and flash product development teams not talk to each other?
[Not an uncommon situation]  Obviously, those are rhetorical questions. :-)

--
Thanks,
DougF (KG4LMZ)