On Jul 31, 2006, at 10:10 AM, Igor Roshchin wrote:

> I am just curious how the shake reduction function in the
> new Pentax cameras would behave in this type of shots.
>
> Of course, one can switch it off, but what would happen if it is left
> on? Would it all be motion-blurred?

I really have to post some of my "Subjects In Motion" set.

Shake Reduction (and image stabilization in general) works ok with
these kinds of motion shots. A set of eight exposures were made with
the image-stabilized Panasonic FZ10 using focal lengths with the 35mm
equivalent of about 135-200mm field of view and exposure times in the
1/4-1/15 second range. The motion blurs are beautifully smooth.

I cannot imagine that the Pentax AS system will do anything
substantially different.

Godfrey