On Aug 4, 2006, at 1:07 PM, mike wilson wrote:
>> DOF-preview now functions in a very interesting manner (apparently
>> it does this
>> on the K100D, but I didn't know that).  Straight out of the box,
>> when you use
>> the DOF-preview function, it actually takes a photo and displays
>> it on the
>> screen until you press halfway on the shutter button (no, the
>> photo is not
>> saved on your memory card).  If you want the more standard thru-
>> the-lens DOF-
>> preview, you can change that in a custom function menu.
>
> DL/2 did this, also.  Bloody annoying.

Can't see as I'd find making one CF setting, once, annoying.

Personally, I think it's a neat feature and useful for when you're
working out the correct focus zone. You can make a choice, capture a
preview image and zoom it to max magnification to check the focus
zone, change the setting, etc .

No one I know uses DOF preview in dynamic situations, this lets you
see the image properly exposed in review so you can determine whether
you have your settings correct. Once you know that, you just shoot.

Godfrey