On Aug 4, 2006, at 2:09 PM, keith_w wrote:

> P. J. Alling wrote:
>> I'm not complaining, just pointing out that it just adds to the
>> feature
>> list.  The length of the manual explaining all the features in the
>> *ist-Ds sent Ann running back to a Canon ZLR when she rightfully
>> belongs
>> in the Pentax fold.   I wonder how many other people are more
>> intimidated than enticed by huge numbers of features.
>
> Count me in!
> (Hi Ann!)
>
> keith whaley
>
> I'm the same way when it comes to late model cell phones.
> Can't I just get one that reliably reaches wherever I want to call,
> and
> doesn't dump me half way thru?
> Can't I get one that doesn't have a digicam, a calendar, a set of
> board games
> included, multiple wallpaper screens, WiFi, a choice of 2 dozen
> ring tones?
> Just a damned phone, please?
> Phat chance...

'just a damned phone' doesn't sell. I want a better phone, not just a
damned one.

The key is to get one with a good user interface that makes it easy
to figure out and use the capabilities. That's what I like about my
Treo 650. I've figured out everything it can do and I have yet to
open a manual. And it can do a lot.

Godfrey