Mark Roberts wrote:
> Cotty wrote:
>
>>David J Brooks, discombobulated, unleashed:
>>
>>>$900 bucks is pretty cheap for that kind of camera, so again, i'm
>>>missing something in the loop here. I was hope ing to buy a Pentax
>>>equivalent to the Nikon big bodies i have.
>>
>>That'll be the K1D.
>>
>>Ain't gonna happen :-(
>

> It happened before: When the ist-D was introduced it was directly
> competitive with the Nikon D100 and Canon 10D.

Neither of which were the big bodies, which were the 1D, 1Ds, D1X and
D1H respectively.

 From the leaks we've seen so far, I'm expecting something similar to
the D70 replacement, but with a grip and PC Sync. A step up from the
A100 or Rebel XT, but not a 30D or D200 equivalent. If there is a coming
K1D, I'd expect a 30D or D200 equivalent rather than a full-on pro body,
which Pentax hasn't offered in 35mm form since the LX (The PZ-1p and
MZ-S are excellent bodies, but more in the EOS 5/3 or F90x/F100 area
than a EOS 1 or F4/F5)

-Adam