Just a quick report of my impressions of the camera...
I saw my sister and her family yesterday.
She and her 26 year old son are both Pentax users.
He just bought a K100D so I got an up close and personal look at it.

Construction, egronomics, switch layout and menu's are all familiar.
The body is maybe 1/8th inch bigger and a bit more boxy (plastic?) than my DS.
Shake reduction was there, but I couldn't give it much of a test.
The viewfinder was fine, with slightly smaller text below it than my DS.
The LCD on the back was of course much bigger!

Autofocus was similar, but the buffer is smaller.  I could get 3
jpeg's in continuous shooting before the 4th shot had a delay while
the buffer emptied.  I get more like 6 with the DS.

My nephew has been shooting with an ME Super he 'borrowed' from his
mom.  He likes the new camera and waited for shake reduction rather
than buy a DS or DL.  He has used it mainly with the 18-55mm kit lens
on fully automatic.  He also took the time to figure out how to shoot
some black & white conversions on the camera.

Regards,  Bob S.