That's 1/2 the estimated life of the hybrid.  They're rated to last
about 100,000 miles compare that to the expected life of a moderately
priced gasoline drive train, which is in most Japanese cars is 300,000
miles and most American cars 250,000 miles.

Kenneth Waller wrote:

>>In the Ford/Mercury line, the hybrid drive train costs about the same
>>amount extra as a diesel drive train (not necessarily in the same model)
>>... about $5k over the same vehicle with a pure-gasoline drive train.
>>

>At $3.00/gal & 30 mpg that looks like 50,000mile of driving.
>
>Kenneth Waller

When you're worried or in doubt,
        Run in circles, (scream and shout).