----- Original Message -----
From: "Bengt Falke" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> adjust sensor in the body  - adjust optic elements in the lens
>
> I would appreciate your view on this subject and your links to
> interesting articles/web pages.
> Do you think Pentax are choosing the best way?

Yes. Pentax is choosing the best way. The main drawback with optical IS is
that even a simple telephoto lens aquire the complexity of a super zoom lens
when IS is added. All things equal (all things doesn't necessarily need to
be equal), an IS lens will have less optical quality than the SAME lens
without the IS feature. This is because IS just add lens elements that does
not improve optical quality; the opposite in fact happens as IS introduce
various abberations that needs to be corrected by even more lens elements.
This can be read in the optical IS patents. You get a far more complex lens
with typically the double amount of glass than similar lens without IS. We
all know what 12-18 lens elements do for things like flare among others....

Pål