--- John Celio <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  - AF540FGZ
>     Probably the best Pentax-compatible flash I've
> used.  I love the
> low-light focus-assist feature!  I only wish it had
> a strobe-flash mode.  I
> love that it has different modes for each of
> Pentax's camera lines: 35mm,
> 645, 67, and Digital.  Now if only they made it
> compatible with my old
> Auto110...  ;)

John,

I agree. I have been using this flash on the MZ-S and
I'm very happy with the results. I especially like the
using the flash close to my subjects and bouncing the
flash straight up with the catchlight panel. This
produces some really pleasing soft results that barely
seem like flash photos:

http://www.members.aol.com/bmacrae/family.jpg

(MZ-S, FA 24-90mm zoom, Aperture Priority, probably
f5.6)

I used the flash recently via the hot shoe grip on the
67II with Porta 400 and it also performed very well.
One strange thing however is that the coverage angles
in 67 mode do not match most actual 67 lens focal
lengths. The manual states to use a smaller angle per
the focal length of the lens. So, I used the 120
setting when shooting with the 165mm f2.8 lens. It
worked just fine.

The wide angle panel is also nice and I've tested it
with my 20mm f2.8 and it does cover the frame.

A very nice flash all around. Recycle time was never
an issue. It will be interesting to see how well it
performs with the power pack when it comes out.

-Brendan MacRae