Just had an email from some guy running a camera website.

He wanted to tell me that he had this wonderful vintage camera site and
that he had included a link to my camera descriptions. Just asking if I
had any comments on his description of the link and if I probably had
ideas for other cross promotions. Hold on, mate... Cross promotions???

When I went tot his site I almost hit the roof. Vintage camera
collecting as an investment!

http://www.vintage-camera-online.com/

That's why I had to give up using my Contarex after prices of spares and
accessories had gone sky-high.

Here's what I told him:

| Please note that I am strictly against the kind of
| camera collecting that you're promoting on your
| website. Investment... Pah!
|
| I've spent half my life battling against a bunch of rich old buggers
| with too much money on their hands, watching how the prices of
| accessories and spares for my Contarex outfit went sky-high.
|
| I had to pay a fortune for a number of things simply because
| "collectors" drive up the prices of the most simple things to
| ridiculous levels. Not that they'd ever take a single picture with
| them.
|
| In the end, I had to give up, no longer able to afford things for the
| camera I had loved *using*.
|
| Collectors? [EMAIL PROTECTED]
|
| Now, be a nice guy and withdraw this link again. Thanks.

Investment! These buggers are *investing* in Contarex tripod adaptors.
So that's why I had to pay 100 dollars for this simple piece of casting
with a 3/8" screw in it and why I've never been able to afford the 25 mm
Distagon.

Makes one wonder if communism is really all wrong.

Ralf

--
Ralf R. Radermacher  -  DL9KCG  -  Köln/Cologne, Germany
private homepage: http://www.fotoralf.de