----- Original Message -----
From: "Cory Papenfuss"
Subject: Re: AdobeRGB vs. sRGB

> I would like to point out that even if the end result is
> something that will fit within the sRGB gamut, there are circumstances
> under which a wider gamut throughout the processing would be
> beneficial.
> Consider adjusting saturation or levels somewhere early on in
> post-processing.  Even if it's eventually reduced back to fit withing
> sRGB, the clipping damage was already done.

Absolutely.
My original statement was
"Photographic paper's colour gamut falls within sRGB. If you send a
wider
gamut file to a photographic printer, the paper will clip."

This only addresses what is being sent to the photo paper, and addresses
specifically why sRGB is preferred for this printing application.
I made no mention of image processing prior to sending to the printer.
I convert all my PEFs to ProPhoto RGB and then convert to sRGB as the
final stage prior to printing, if I am printing to photo paper.

William Robb