Thanks, Brendan. That's also what I like about the beach shot. It is a
very abstract, minimalist style.

As for getting the bike out - yes, I recommend it. We all had a great
time, although I think my nephew (15) was a little bored at times by
the company.

Of course, using the bike means you can see more than you would by
car, but still not as much as when walking. I now want to go back and
walk parts of the wall, spending more time in one place, getting
closer than you can with a bike, and giving myself more time for
photographs.

But cycling is a great way of getting around. Here is someone who has
cycled for years around the Silk Route, taking great photos:
http://homepage.mac.com/alex.photo/PhotoAlbum96.html

I have just bought her book, which is very good.

--
Cheers,
 Bob