Doug,
Your shot rekindles old desires.
The family sedan I learned to drive on was a 1954 Olds 98.
I remember seeing pictures of the your car in the paper,
probably for the 1954 autoshow in the Chicago Tribune.
The grill and tail-lights showed up on the 1956 Oldsmobiles,
but never the two seat convertible. :-(
Those were the days of the Rocket '88 engine, and Oldsmobiles
were the sporty version of the Doctor's (or plant manager's) Buick.
Regards,  Bob S.