LOL a conflict of opinions straight away ;-) But Adam & Paul, thanks
for commenting.

Adam, sorry, in this case this is all there is. I probably should have
used a rather shorter lens (IIRC this was with a 300mm and I wasn't
_that_ far from the track) to give me a bit of room to play around
with later.

Paul, cropping the top off would get rid of most of that bright yellow
which is probably a bit distracting. I'll have a play around with that
anyway... something like this?
http://ginkoleaf.dyndns.org/~ericf/photos/temp/airwavesducaticropped.jpg

Thanks again,
Eric.