Lasse's comment on my picture (of my daughter) with the spectrum on her face
are exactly on target. I think I liked the picture because I like the
subject so well, and it was an unusual way of looking at her; plus, she is
never usually serious in a picture, so this was also interesting. But now I
see that as a picture tout court (as us quebecois say) it is not as
interesting as I had originally thought. I still am working on the idea, and
hope to have something better.

As for the smears, there are so many smears on my monitor that I thought
they were there. Bad me.

And I think Lasse's coments are a super example of honest criticism without
any nasty edge to it. Thanks again.
JJ

>Lasse's comments...
"Woman at 400 to 700 nm" by  John Cohen.

Hm. It seems I am in a critical mood today.
I think you should work more with your "subject". She  is beautiful.
However, this picture seems to fall between two chairs, so to speak. I am
left wondering about about the purpose of the picture.

She is not really being portrayed as a person. (Had this particular light
from the prism been left out, I could have more easily concentrated on her
face, the tranquility and shape of her head and face. But still, I guess the
intention is not to present a real portrait of her.)

Although interesting, this colorful light from the prism in my opinion
doesn't really add much to the picture, other than the funny effect of it.

A few words about the framing. Her head is firmly placed right in the middle
of this horisontal frame. This will lock your eye to her face, but the empty
dark space to the right makes it difficult for you to rest your eye in her
face or follow the direction of her own eyes. I would definitely have
cropped the picture maybe up to her left ear.

(Just to complete this unfriendly comment I also notice some smear of
whatever on the print that you should have cleaned up... :))