> Fra: Powell Hargrave <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>

> After reading the patent file DagT posted, even though I could only get the
> first page of drawings to download. It seems to me this must be the break
> through.
>
> http://v3.espacenet.com/textdes?DB=EPODOC&IDX=US7084915&F=0&QPN=US7084915
>
> I think the patent states that the Image Pump cancels out the dark current,
> so no more noisy shadows and eliminates blooming, and perhaps effects over
> exposure?
>
> Powell

I think the fairly broad claim 8 gives the best summary on what they are doing.
(Press "Claims" in the menu on top of the espace page)

Note that this may be the first of a number of applications.  The inventor,
Sato Koichi, is also the inventor of a number og Japanese patent applications
that has been filed recently with the title "Solid State imaging element" and
"Solid state imaging device" .  Moire reduction without AA filter, improved
aperture of light sensing diodes, microlenses covering more than one pixel etc.

They are working on something related to the sensora nd it makes lots of
interesting reading for those who are also interested in the technology.  Use
the advanced search option of espacenet and search for Sato Koichi as inventor
(he seems tyo be the key inventor) and Pentax as applicant.

DagT