Op Wed, 16 Aug 2006 02:06:36 +0200 schreef Bob Sullivan
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Does anybody make a digital for lefties?
> A friend at the office survived a terrible car accident, but
> with permanent damage to his right side.
> He can't even hold a P&S camera with his right hand.
> And using the left hand on a digital makes all the controls inaccessible.
> Suggestions anybody?  (He's a new dad!)

First: congratulations to your friend, both with his survival and with his
kid!

There are some digicams with most controls on the left (Sony Cybershot
DSC-T7 for instance). Unfortunately, the notable exception is the shutter
release button, so he'd have to test whether that is accessible.

Some other things worth investigating might be the twist-and-flip designs:
Pentax Optio X, Nikon Coolpix S4 or Sony Cybershot DSC-M2. The last one
looks the most left-hand-friendly, but again: I'd test that myself if I
were your friend.

An other thing I can think of -short of putting standard innards in a
custom body- is 'fixing' a remote control to the left of a digicam. Not a
very elegant solution, but it might be workeable.

Hope this helps
--
Regards, Lucas