Glen,

I've checked both with Pentax and personally tested several 4G SD
cards. Some work right off the bat, some work when formatted in a
host computer. I would not buy a 4G card at present, not until Pentax
releases an SDHC compliant firmware update for the DS.

The Transcend 150x 2G SD cards are inexpensive and work very well.
Last time I bought a couple they cost less than $40 apiece. I bought
mine from NewEgg.com.

One caveat, which applies to *all* SD cards over 1G: I found the 2G
cards to be incompatible with my "old reliable", 3 year old Belkin 8-
in-1 USB 2.0 card reader. I suspect this might be the case for any
reader that's 2-3 years old.

I tested six new card readers and found that the best was the Sandisk
ImageMate 12-in-1 USB 2.0 card reader. It works flawlessly with both
laptop and desktop systems, and the data transfer speed for both read
and write is the best I've clocked.

Godfrey