On Thu, Aug 17, 2006 at 12:31:35PM +0100, Richard Day wrote:
> Raw rules!
>
> But in addition to PEF (if they insist on keeping it), please implement
> compressed DNG properly with full sized embedded JPEG "in-camera" as an
> option.

PEF, of course, already includes a full sized embedded JPEG "in-camera".
Unfortunately it's done at the lowest JPEG quality, so it's not useful
for much more than the preview (in-camera on the LCD, and also in the
Pentax Photo Browser) for which it was presumably included.

I've long wanted control over the quality of that JPEG - if I'm shooting
raw I'm not going to complain about the difference between a 3MB JPEG
that's quite usable for many purposes and a 1.5MB JPEG of no use to me.