On Aug 21, 2006, at 11:52 AM, Jack Davis wrote:

>> http://www.gdgphoto.com/traveler/installation/
>
> That you standing/leaning near the center of the cafe? Nothing depends
> on the answer, just curious. That person doesn't look very old.
> Something I continually notice.

No, I was behind the camera... :-) That's Felipe, he was assisting
with the installation.

> Like your work. "Very" like Tate #21.
> Successful reception? (well attended by impressed and gushing folks?)

Thank you!

The reception was lightly attended, pretty much as expected for this
time of year and this venue. The biggest problem at this time of year
is the number of other events and vacation plans which take priority,
and San Leandro is some ways from my neighborhood where a lot of the
other photographers I know tend to be. A number of folks who've seen
the work in person have sent positive and complimentary
commentary  ... I've received about 20-30 notes in email from those
visiting the coffeehouse.

I knew that the opening reception would be lightly attended and
arranged to a closing party for September 9, for which I'm doing
marketing now. Anyone who wanted to attend the opening reception but
couldn't make it should put it on their calendar!

Godfrey

exhibit: "Traveler in London"
   http://www.gdgphoto.com/traveler/

Closing party: Saturday, September 9, 7-9pm