"Cotty - Voice of Reason"               :-)

Tom C.

"I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or
numbered."

Amita, you should go where your heart takes you. Branding is of little
importance these days. Get the gear that does what you want it to. The
Pentax I left behind over four years ago was not the same Pentax that
made the gear I used (MX, LX), hence the brand had little hold on me. I
still revel in the Pentax lenses that I use. If the MZ-D or even a K1D
had emerged, I would have stayed put. Instead, I now have the choices I
desired.

Having said that, if I wanted an inexpensive DSLR, I wouldn't get the
Rebel XT, I'd get a Pentax as they represent much better value for
money. And if I wanted a top of the line metal DSLR with real weather
sealing and excellent speed and buffer etc, well, it would - couldn't -
be a Pentax. In my case it was a Canon. But now I have the best of both
worlds - my wife has the *istDs - and it's fun to use.

Pentax has plenty of future ahead, SR being a good cutting edge
technology. Stick with it. Nate's 20D will only do you better if you can
afford to put some L glass on the front.

--

Cheers,
   Cotty