I think it means what it says, Shel. Mark and his colleagues at
Pentax USA Customer Service have not yet received any specific
information from Pentax about fw updates. That's all. Inferring
anything else from it is just speculation. There may never be another
fw update, but then again there might be.

SDHC cards are just beginning to get into the marketplace in volume,
so give them some months to get the new products out the door and
then deliver anything for the old models.

Godfrey