The memory sticks for my Sony cost between $80.00 and $125.00 or so each
when I got 'em, and I have six - 128mb each.  While disappointed that I
couldn't use them in a newer camera,  I found no reason to complain.  I got
good use from them, even used them to xfer data from one computer to
another for a while (still do, actually), and will eventually sell 'em for
whatever I can get for them when I finally get around to selling the camera
for which they're intended.  They've served me well, but now it's time to
move forward.

I can understand that some people may be upset that their CF cards can't be
used in the new cameras, but OTOH, everyone knew going into this DSLR thing
that it involved developing and changing technology.  Did you really thing
that the media wouldn't change at some point?  Did people complain when
their old floppy disks were replaced by newer media?  Or is that not the
same thing?

Using dual memory slots takes up space and, presumably, costs the consumer
some $$ as well.  I'd rather not pay for the space a CF card takes up.  I
do understand your point, though, but I think you may be in the minority
(not to negate your POV or situation, though).

Shel