Thanks to those who've commented.  I was afraid that I'd killed too much
contrast trying to bring out detail in the pier.  Looks like I'm
probably right.  I'm going to work on it with curves a bit more.  I have
three different monitors and I have been unable to get them even close
in terms of gamma.  They are both relatively good quality CRT's, though
one is obviously better than the other.

Russell Kerstetter wrote:

>I don't know about the contrast (I'm not that smart, yet :) but I like
>the low angle of the lighting and the subject.   the left feels a
>little empty, but when I imagine something there, it feels cluttered,
>so I am not sure.... I am also really tired, so that may have
>something to do with it too.... :)
>
>russell
>
>On 8/21/06, [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

>>In a message dated 8/20/2006 10:39:17 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
>>[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>>While looking a shot that might fit the current PUG theme I came across
>>this.  I took this a couple of years ago and didn't think too much of it
>>then.  I guess it's grown on me.
>>
>>http://www.mindspring.com/~megazip/PESO_--_wharfislandboats.html
>>
>>Technical Info.:
>>Pentax *ist-D ISO 200 @ 1/250sec (M)
>>smc Pentax FA 20-35mmAL f4.0  @f8.0 (35mm)
>>
>>As usual comments are welcome but may be totally ignored.
>>=======
>>I can't decide if I like it or not. :-) Seems a little on the light side,
>>like more contrast is needed or something.
>>
>>Not helpful, I know.
>>
>>Marnie aka Doe :-)
>>
>>--
>>PDML Pentax-Discuss Mail List