On 22/08/06, Bruce Dayton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello Shel,
>
> That describes the experience I had.  Great on film, not so hot on
> digital.  I've owned two different samples over time.  The first I
> only tried on film.  If it were me, I'd stick with your K 24.

I agree, though I never did scrutinize its performance on film very
carefully. FA24/2 is the only Pentax lens option if you need "fast"
however from my experience the FA is only really exceptional when
stopped to middle apertures and above. My semi-formal testing showed
that it exhibited far more prevalent CA than my A24/2.8 and that it
only matched the sharpness of my A24/2.8 wide open when stopped down
to about f4 and then the edges were still softer. I've had the benefit
of owning two of the FA lenses concurrently so I don't expect that I'm
dealing with lens QC issues as both FA lenses behaved similarly.

--
Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA